~ Author of Otherhood and Savvy Auntie discusses circumstantial infertility and the growing demographic of PANKs in this Auntie's Day special edition. In your 20s, if you dreamed of finding a partner and creating a family, and your life didn’t exactly go as planned leaving you single and not wanting to have children without a partner, listen in – you’ll find you are not alone…
Move over Punks, the PANKs are here!
- The story behind "Otherhood"
- What is a PANK?
- The frustration between what some women want in life and what they actually find
- The vulnerability of coming to terms with one's circumstantial infertility
- My own personal experience with being part of the Otherhood
- The assumptions that are sometimes placed on "older" single women (& men)
- Grieving the loss of being able to make biological children in a committed partnership
- Melanie's own vulnerability and decision making process as she moved through her 30's
- Melanie explains the Savvy Auntie community
- Target marketing the Aunties and PANKs in the world