Season I Episodes and Guest Experts
This is the episode directory for Season 1 of Coaching Through Chaos podcast.
Season 1 ran from 6/8/2015 to 11/17/2015 and consists of 24 episodes.
A bonus op-ed episode is included, as well as a Quadcast duocast with @QuadfatherMFT.
Click on any of the guest's business cards below to access their article and podcast interview.
Veterans and Service Members related podcast episodes can also be accessed directly
from the section For Those Who Serve.
If you enjoy what our guests have to say, you can find affiliate links to their books in the accompanying articles, or feel free to browse our bookshelf - thank you for your support if you choose to purchase one of our guest author's books via this method.
- Dr Mark Wiederhold, VRMC This interview features Dr Mark Wiederhold of the Virtual Reality Medical Center, with an emphasis on their virtual reality PTSD treatment for veterans.The Virtual Reality Medical Center has been treating patients for over 20 years, with high success rates. What first began with the application of VR technology to the treatment […]
- Dr. Harry Haroutunian In this podcast, Dr.Mullen speaks with Dr.Harry Haroutunian, the Physician Director of The Betty Ford Center. They discuss some of the many services available to assist addicts in their process of recovery. The Betty Ford Center recently merged with the Hazelden Foundation and together they provide a wealth of services and programs to […]
- Det. Mike Proctor (ret) Dr. Colleen Mullen speaks with retired Detective Mike Proctor, author of ‘Antidote for a Stalker‘. In this fascinating interview, you will find out about the mindset of stalkers and how to protect yourself from them. You will also hear about the evolution of the anti-stalking laws in the United States and […]
- Darlene Lancer, JD MFT Dr. Colleen Mullen speaks with Darlene Lancer, JD, MFT, author of Codependency for Dummies. The topic is codependency: what it is and what it is NOT; the difference between normal and codependent behaviors and what a person can do to help themselves. Do you know someone who has a need to […]
- Andrew Chang There are many organizations coming up with new approaches to treating PTSD as we speak. For this episode, I had the opportunity to interview Andrew Chang, one of 4 managing partners of the Eastern Foundry, a veteran-owned technology and innovation incubator. In their own words: “Eastern Foundry is a first-of-its-kind marketplace where technologists, […]
- Amy Morin, LCSW Life can throw a lot of hardships in our paths, which it seems only the mentally strong can withstand... Following tragic losses in her life, Amy Morin LCSW wrote a list to remind herself how to keep going. Shared on lifehack.org, the list went viral, then flooded Forbes. Like a beacon in […]
- Jeff Motske, CFP ~ Do discussions about money bring discord into your relationship ? If the answer is yes, you are not alone. In this interview, certified financial planner Jeff Motske provides helpful tips to resolve this problem, as covered in his book - 'The Couples Guide to Financial Compatibility'. The solutions he […]
- Melanie Notkin ~ Author of Otherhood and Savvy Auntie discusses circumstantial infertility and the growing demographic of PANKs in this Auntie's Day special edition. In your 20s, if you dreamed of finding a partner and creating a family, and your life didn’t exactly go as planned leaving you single and not wanting to have […]
- Vahakn Matossian ~ the co-founder of Human Instruments introduces us to the limitless creative possibilities their technology brings to individuals previously constrained by physical limitations. Learn how Human Instruments combines some plywood, electric paint and clever electronics to foster creativity for millions of adults living with a disability. Podcast: Play in new window | […]
- Stewart Levine ~ transitioned from lawyer to abundance thinking conflict resolution expert, he reviews for us some of his methods to resolve conflicts that may occur at home or at work. His approach is refreshing and has garnered him an extensive corporate clientele who benefit from learning his methods for Resolutionary Thinking. You can […]
- Bonnie Bergin ~ creator of the service dog, she shares with us compelling stories of their origin and history, as well as the current initiative Paws for Purple Hearts - in which Veterans train service dogs to assist fellow Veterans in need. Paws for Purple Hearts is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization - and you […]
- Shelley Davidescu, LMFT ~ founder of CleanForks.com - power food coaching for powerful women to help Grow your business and Shrink your booty ! Podcast: Play in new window | Download (41.4MB) Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS | How to Subscribe Do you know a successful woman who, no matter how smart and […]
- Christian Moore, LCSW ~ when things get you down, flip the switch... Learn about resiliency from the founder of WhyTry.org and author of 'The Resiliency Breakthrough'. From kids to adults, everybody can benefit from increasing their resiliency skills, and Christian tells us how AUDIO TRANSCRIPT AVAILABLE Podcast: Play in new window | Download (59.8MB) Subscribe: […]
- James Crowson & Kibby McMahon ~ creators of PocketLab, introduce us to their app, which allows psychologists and quantifiable-self aficionados to catalog mindfulness. You can use PocketLab App to track your personal state of mind, to conduct complex data gathering on a study population or to monitor and enhance the mindfulness of patients, right from […]
- Julie Goldstein Grumet, Phd ~ Director of Prevention and Practice at the Suicide Prevention Resource Center speaks about the many programs and resources available via SPRC.org The Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255 (suicidepreventionlifeline.org)The Veterans Crisis Line is also available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255 Press 1 (veteranscrisisline.net) Podcast: Play in new […]
- Afshin Khosravi ~ the CEO of Trilogy Integrated Resources talks to us about the Veterans Network of Care portal, a resource repository for active duty service members, veterans and their families. NetworkOfCare.org provides a comprehensive directory of resources spanning many states and counties, not only for Veterans but also for many other members of […]
- Joe Vim Whitcomb, MBA LMFT ~ CEO and founder of the Relationship Society, Joe Whitcomb is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Relationship Coach based in Santa Monica, California. He is the co-author of Reboot Your Relationship and has been coaching couples through relationship struggles for many years. He also conducts weekend retreats to […]
- Sasha Ginsburg, LCSW ~ is the executive director and founder of WestsideDBT in Los Angeles. In this special Op.Ed episode Dr.Mullen discusses School Violence Prevention from the standpoint of research conducted, violence which could be prevented if individuals in need received appropriate treatment - for example, DBT is one method of therapy which could […]
- Sasha Ginsburg, LCSW ~ the executive director and founder of WestsideDBT talks about dialectical behavioral therapy, its applications and the programs offered by WestsideDBT.com. Learn more about these powerful tools to enhance emotional, interpersonal and behavioral regulation... Podcast: Play in new window | Download (23.2MB) Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS | […]
- Eric Zimmer The One You Feed Do you know the Cherokee parable about “The Two Wolves”? A grandfather is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, […]
- Rick Collins ~ Founder and executive director of Vets360.org ~ A veteran himself, Rick's mission is to help our new generation of returning combat veterans re-acclimatize to the society and freedom that they have been protecting. In this episode, set to release on tuesday 10/20, Rick speaks candidly about the need to remove the stigma […]
- Borg, Brenner and Berry ~ like peas in a podcast, the 3 co-authors of 'Irrelationship' join us to educate us about this topic, as presented in their latest book. This fascinating insight into the psychology of dysfunction in relationships, both personal and professional, will give you a fair share of 'AHA' moments as you may […]
- Matt Shobert ~ Now retired Fire Chief and Ironman athlete, Matt Shobert shares with us the details of his near fatal accident on the line, and how his life changed due to TBI / PTSD. His story of survival, which he attributes in part to his physical fitness, will inspire you. His experiences with PTSD […]
- Jeff Dill ~ a retired Fire Captain and also a Counselor, he founded the Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance, whose mission is to raise awareness of mental health issues affecting firefighters and EMTs in an effort to decrease the growing number of suicides among them. Through outreach and education, FFBHA aims to better educate counselors […]
- Dr. Barton Goldsmith ~ author of '100 Ways to Overcome Shyness', he is a multi-award-winning psychotherapist, syndicated columnist, author, and former NPR radio host, a keynote speaker and a top blogger for Psychology Today. He was named by Cosmopolitan as one of America's top therapists and honored by several professional associations. In this podcast, Dr.Barton […]
Subscribe to Succeed
I want to know more !
Enter your email address to sign up for the mailing-list and you will receive a free download of Dr.Mullen's e-book, '5 Ways: 100 Tips for living a happier, healthier life'. You will also receive updates on the podcast and practice happenings.
Embed on your Site
If you want to include an episode on your site, the following instructions show how to embed soundcloud player. The same methodology can be applied to youtube vidcasts where available.
Do you want to be a guest expert on the Coaching Through Chaos podcast? If you have useful resources or subject matter you would like us showcase, please contact Dr. Mullen via email and include a url with information for us to better understand your offering. Once the podcast is released, you will obviously be able to point your website readers to the podcast for your own promotional purposes.