These podcasts feature resources or services of benefit to Veterans and those who serve.
At least once a month, the CoachingThroughChaos podcast is devoted to resources or services for/by or otherwise inspiring to our Veteran community. In our interview with Rick Collins of Vets360.org (2015-10-20) and their mission to remove the stigma of PTS(d) by highlighting it’s impact on the civilian population – we were reminded that it is not only our military veterans who suffer. Our firefighters, law enforcement officers, trauma medics and many more also suffer in silence.
To this end, we have expanded our definition to include resources of benefit to our Veterans and to all those who put their lives on the line to protect the lives and safety of others. We all exist within the spectrum of mental health. To err may be human, but to stigmatize another on the basis of their position in that spectrum, is not.
This growing library of Veteran/Service Member related podcasts is offered as another voice to break the silence and provide some stories of hope for those who may find themselves in the darkness.
Click on any of the guest’s pictures below to listen to their podcast interview…
- Craig McEwen ~ former tight end in the National Football League (NFL) for the Washington Redskins and the San Diego Chargers, he shares with us his experiences with TBI and new initiatives by the NFL / NFL Alumni to better protect younger players. As this week leads in to Super Bowl LI, between the New […]
- Pam Greene ~ the Program director at the Adaptive Sports Foundation shares with us some of the success stories of the program, along with upcoming fundraiser events. We have a special place in our hearts over here at Coaching Through Chaos for people who help those with physical disabilities. My father was a paraplegic and […]
- Jeff Dill ~ a retired Fire Captain and also a Counselor, he founded the Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance, whose mission is to raise awareness of mental health issues affecting firefighters and EMTs in an effort to decrease the growing number of suicides among them. Through outreach and education, FFBHA aims to better educate counselors […]
- Matt Shobert ~ Now retired Fire Chief and Ironman athlete, Matt Shobert shares with us the details of his near fatal accident on the line, and how his life changed due to TBI / PTSD. His story of survival, which he attributes in part to his physical fitness, will inspire you. His experiences with PTSD […]
- Rick Collins ~ Founder and executive director of Vets360.org ~ A veteran himself, Rick's mission is to help our new generation of returning combat veterans re-acclimatize to the society and freedom that they have been protecting. In this episode, set to release on tuesday 10/20, Rick speaks candidly about the need to remove the stigma […]
- Afshin Khosravi ~ the CEO of Trilogy Integrated Resources talks to us about the Veterans Network of Care portal, a resource repository for active duty service members, veterans and their families. NetworkOfCare.org provides a comprehensive directory of resources spanning many states and counties, not only for Veterans but also for many other members of […]
- Bonnie Bergin ~ creator of the service dog, she shares with us compelling stories of their origin and history, as well as the current initiative Paws for Purple Hearts - in which Veterans train service dogs to assist fellow Veterans in need. Paws for Purple Hearts is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization - and you […]
- Andrew Chang There are many organizations coming up with new approaches to treating PTSD as we speak. For this episode, I had the opportunity to interview Andrew Chang, one of 4 managing partners of the Eastern Foundry, a veteran-owned technology and innovation incubator. In their own words: “Eastern Foundry is a first-of-its-kind marketplace where technologists, […]
- Dr Mark Wiederhold, VRMC This interview features Dr Mark Wiederhold of the Virtual Reality Medical Center, with an emphasis on their virtual reality PTSD treatment for veterans.The Virtual Reality Medical Center has been treating patients for over 20 years, with high success rates. What first began with the application of VR technology to the treatment […]